Friday, July 30, 2010

Wake the Earth

image by me


It has been quite a while since my last post.  These days I've been engrossed in Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness" and what will be a life long hobby, yoga.  Us East coasters are all too familiar with unbearable humidity, but these past few days have been quite pleasant.  I've opened the windows, placed a tea light candle inside of a sea shell, and watched the water colors of sleepy summer sunsets with content (or Samtosa, a yoga principle I have to write a paper on.)  It seems that this season truly wakes the earth.  In the spring, little buds begin to open and leaves beging to form, but summer is the awakening.  Little creatures crawl and fly about, flowers are mature and abundant, it is a beautiful thing. 

To me, there's almost nothing better than being engrossed in a good book (I actually fall asleep reading "T.P.D." because I don't want to put it down), enjoying pleasant weather on my back porch and listening to an unbelievable music.  Listen to The Honey Trees once and you'll find yourself on BigCartel.com buying their "Wake the Earth E.P.", trust me. 

You said you're scared


But I'll catch you


If you fall


Don't fear


I'm right here

"Don't Fear" - The Honey Trees

No comments: